The following is a summary of my 30 years’ experience, providing tax and advisory services to a variety of clients in a range of businesses.
Whilst and after completing tertiary studies, I worked in a variety of commercial businesses until I commenced being in a public practice in 1989.
My business experience has been quite extensive, from a period with limited software availability, to now where our practice is cloud based for all our computer & telephonic needs.
I have been involved in several companies, as a shareholder and director, and have experienced many processes of reinventing my skills. Through the creation of a paperless process and with a client fee system, we have minimal administration.
The most significant events I have experienced, have been the advent of GST in 2000 and the GFC, along with its effects from 2008. Throughout this adversity, I have improved and developed to create an efficient and effective public accounting service with the capabilities to manage complex business matters.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Managing a team focused on delivering high levels of quality accounting business services.
- Client Management has been a key strength, managing over 200, small to medium sized business clients with over 400 entities. Utilizing practice management software to effectively deliver a consistent and valued service.
- Solid fundamental tax knowledge and skills focused on small to medium sized businesses and individuals.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills for effectively working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong capability to identify business risk, both internally and externally.
- Computer and IT Skills such as Microsoft office software, Accounting practice management packages: Sage Handisoft/Xero Practice Manager (XPM/Workflow max).
- Xero Gold Partner, MYOB and QuickBooks.
My years of experience has provided many valuable life skills, that enable me to assist a wide range of businesses. The concept of the Think Tank, to generate thoughts and ideas, that will help, support and resolve issues within the business industry, will be beneficial to those businesses involved.