FAHRI, PCArb, MIAMA, JP (Qual) QCAT Qld
Leigh Bernhardt Corporate Consulting specialising in workplace/industrial matters
Leigh is Managing Director and principal consultant of an Employee Relations/ Industrial Relations and Human Resources consultancy business including Mediation and Arbitration services.
• Workplace relations and productivity bargaining advice and support.
• All types of workplace agreements and employment contracts.
• Human Resources policies and practices including HR/IR audits.
• Workplace Investigations including Crime and Misconduct Commission investigations and reports.
• Unfair Dismissal and Bullying & Harassment Claims.
• Grievance handling and dispute resolution – Certified Mediator and Arbitrator (Office of the Mediation Adviser Franchise Panel & Qld Supreme Court Approved Mediator).
• Advocacy services, State and Federal Jurisdictions.
• Change management.
• Policy design and review.
• Job analysis and design.
• Coaching and counselling.
• Business planning and performance management.
• Restructuring and re-engineering strategy and implementation.
• Corporate strategy and structure aligning HR/IR structures to meet corporate business objectives.
• Currently providing advisory services to a number of National Franchise Groups and experienced in Franchise related issues and dispute settlement including Franchise Agreements and structures.
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Fellow of the Australian Human Resources Institute of Australia.
• Certificate in Strategic Human Resources Management – University of NSW.
• Professional Certificate in Arbitration (PC Arb) certified Arbitrator – Adelaide University.
• Certified Mediator and Arbitrator & member of the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators of Australia and member of the National Franchise Panel with the Office of the Mediation Adviser.
• Westpac Group Industrial Relations Arbitration Panel Member.
• Queensland Supreme Court Approved Mediator.
• JP (Qual) QCAT Qld.
Why the SBAA Think Tank
I was appointed to the Small Business Association of Australia Advisory Board in October 2016 as the Industrial Relations Chair. I continue my support for the organisation, and the Think Tanks which collect and collate issues which are important to the SBAA members and business owners in general and provide a forum for members.