Nicole Marie has been in the professional photography industry for nearly 10 years. After a move to Geelong, Nicole needed to redesign her website so she could establish her business in the area and attract new clients.
An early challenge Nicole faced was clarity on what products and services she wanted to offer. She knew that she needed to get back to basics and create an overarching business strategy in order to build her website. Her website was also hard to navigate and didn’t showcase her work effectively.
Nicole worked with Firestone Digital to apply a customer focused lens to her business. As a documentary and portrait photographer, Nicole’s work has a rich back story.
Her new website features audio commentary where Nicole provides context around her work. This helps connect with potential clients who can get a sense of Nicole’s brand and the way that she works. Her navigation and galleries have also been designed to help people easily view her portfolio and find work similar to what they want to commission.
Working on the website forced me to be clear about what I do and the point of difference being offered.
“I needed an outside professional to assist me in presenting a responsive, cohesive public online presence, to capture the opportunities laying at my fingertips, to leverage my growing reputation in the industry and propel it into the direction required for further growth and expansion.”
Firestone Digital also moved the site to a user-friendly platform making it easier for Nicole to update and manage the site herself. This saves her money and time, and helps keep the information on the site current and accurate.
“Looking at a business perspective helped a lot. Going to the follow up chats were refreshing and helpful. It put me on to all these new ways to assess and grow my business that I hadn’t really thought of. It wasn’t just digital, it was a business transformation – it’s been wonderful,” she says.
How to define your business vision:
- Business purpose and aspirations. What does success look like?
- Desired customers, markets and geographies. Where should you focus your efforts?
- Products and services that appeal to target customers. Who is the target market and what do they need?
- Value proposition and competitive advantages. How will you differentiate yourself from your competitors?
- Business skills, capabilities and knowledge. How will you gather, store and manage information?
Benefits of a website for small business:
- As most customers search online for products and services, if you don’t have an online presence, it’s difficult for your business to be found.
- A well designed website provides credibility for your business, and convenience and a positive experience for your customers.
- It helps you stand out from competitors, showing your brand identity and point of difference to customers.
- Your business becomes visible to a wider audience, helping to market and sell beyond your local region.
- It allows you to communicate with your potential customers and facilitate enquiries, providing better customer service.
Analytics tools can help you learn about the demographic of your customers, their spending behaviour and what they’re most interested in. The analytics data can provide valuable information about your products and services and help with more effective marketing.
Contact us on 1300 413 915 to receive free advice on your digital marketing strategy.