Peter Baines is an international speaker on leadership, change management and corporate social responsibility.
In a past life, Peter was a police officer, a forensic investigator heading up clean-up teams in the Bali Bombings and Thailand Tsunami. He’s also worked in Interpol’s counter-terrorism unit. He’s seen it all.
But you might be wondering, what value does he have to bring to your small business?
Well, Peter’s now the founder of the Thailand-based charity Hands Across The Water, and a massive advocate for helping businesses of all sizes do good by doing good. In fact, he’s written a book on the topic.
During this chat, Peter shares some really solid strategies around how creating shared value is the key to powering business growth and innovation – and he backs them up with real life, small business case studies.
Plus in episode 372 of Australia’s best marketing podcast:
- Resident techspert Dale Beaumont from 52 Ways shares a great way to never make a grammar or spelling mistake again
- I share another low cost marketing idea that’ll show you how to use industry events to your advantage
- And we go back into The Small Business Big Marketing Show’s vault, revisiting a past interview that lifted the lid on how to master the art of selling
Here’s what caught my attention from chatting with Peter Baines of Hands Across The Water:
Businesses of all sizes can do good by doing good. What many (including me) may have once considered a soft strategy for growth, is clearly not.
I love the idea of creating shared experiences. There’s no doubt that once two people are emotionally connected, the business relationship takes on a whole new dynamic. If you want to see that in action, go back and take a listen to an episode I did on racing car sponsorship.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting a return on investment from having a strong social conscience.
Links & Resources mentioned:
- Peter Baines’ personal website
- Hands Across The Water
- Interview with sales guru Nicholas Lynch
- How to use industry events to get more business
- How to ensure everything you type is clear, effective & mistake-free
Please support these businesses who make this show possible:
Dale Beaumont’s 52 Ways – An amazing free 1-day live event for business owners where you’ll discover 52 ways to boost your business profits. Seats are limited. Book now.
Cornerstone – Save 70% off your running costs by offshoring to The Philippines. Book a free feasibility assessment now.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, please leave your comment below.
This post was provided by marketing speaker Tim Reid who is the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, Australia’s #1 marketing podcast, also heard on Virgin Airlines. Subscribe FREE on iTunes or Android.