Michelle Bridges was once a personal trainer in a very crowded marketplace. Like, there’s no shortage of personal trainers, right? Now she’s Australia’s most influential with a solid TV profile, an author of ten books, two product ranges and more. Join me, as she explains exactly how she’s built a hugely strong and profitable personal brand.
“If your only reason for doing something is to make money, then you might get lucky. Might! But I doubt it very much. First and foremost you really have to be true to your core values.”
There’s loads more tips and insights just like this that will help you build that beautiful business of yours into the empire it deserves to be. Hit the PLAY button above to listen now, or subscribe free to hear the full interview.
If you have questions about speaking at conferences then you’ll get this answers in this interview, including:
- How did it all start – and no, she wasn’t born in front of a TV camera … she worked hard to get where she is.
- How to build a strong personal brand?
- Why you need a personal brand?
- How to avoid procrastination?
- How to not let perfection get in the way of production?
- And so much more …
A little more about today’s guest:
This very personal chat with Michelle Bridges first appeared on this show way back in 2015.
I’d just emceed a conference in which she was a keynote speaker and boy, did she rock the stage. Not only does she have a great story to tell about how she’s built such a strong and profitable personal brand; but she’s a huge proponent of not letting perfection get in the way of productivity.
Michelle’s CV is pretty damn impressive. Her TV appearances include being the host of The Biggest Loser, she’s written ten books on living healthy, she has her own clothing and vitamin range, and a fantastic online weight loss course called The 12-Week Body Transformation.
And it all started out the back of her beaten up old car, as you’re about to hear.
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Michelle Bridges:
- #JFDI – I love Michelle’s approach to getting stuff done. Procrastination is evil … so taking the attitude of being productive over being perfect is, I would argue, world’s best practice.
- Stop looking at the scoreboard. Instead, put your head down and bum up, and focus on the job at hand.
- Keep fit or get fit. As business owners, one of the first things to get ignored when growing our businesses is our health and well-being … which is pretty stupid, right? When I lost 30KG a few years ago, my business literally doubled.
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode you’ll also discover:
- Another motivated listener shares four marketing strategies that are working for her, and in return I give her a prize or three!
- And past guest Riz Syed shares how appearing on this show got him some positive TV coverage (see below)
- Michelle Bridges official website
- Michelle’s 12 Week Body Transformation
- Past guest Riz Syed of Zubia’s Brow Bars found himself on TV
- This week’s winner of the Monster Prize Draw:
- Laura Klein – Snotty Noses
Please support these businesses who make this show possible:
Prospa … Australia’s #1 online lender to small businesses. You can quickly apply online for loans up to $250,000, get a fast decision and in most cases receive the funding in under 24 hours. Visit Propsa.com/Timbo or call 1300 882 867, and tell ‘em Timbo sent ya!
DesignCrowd is the world’s #1 custom design marketplace where, with access to 550,000 designers, you’ll get the perfect design every time. Get $100 off your DesignCrowd brief here.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, please leave your comment below.
This post was provided by marketing speaker Tim Reid who is the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, Australia’s #1 marketing podcast, also heard on Virgin Airlines. Subscribe FREE on iTunes or Android