Today we’re joined by Australian media personality Richard Stubbs who, in a media career spanning decades, has conducted hundreds of interviews with Hollywood stars through to homeless people. Richard steps us through how to conduct a world class interview for your content marketing that has you leaning in, what questions to ask, how to draw out compelling answers and why life’s too short for bad content. If you’re creating content to market your business then you’ll love what Richard shares.
“Whatever you’re doing on-air, should be the best thing you’ve got to be on air, right now.”
There’s loads more tips and insights just like this that will help you build that beautiful business of yours into the empire it deserves to be. Hit the PLAY button above or subscribe free to hear the full interview. You’ll also find the full interview transcription below.
If you have questions about how to conduct a world class interview for your content marketing, then you’ll get this answers in this interview:
- Are ice-breakers good way to start an interview?
- How important is a pre-interview?
- What planning should you do for an interview?
- What kind of mindset should a great interviewer have?
- Do you need to change your interview style for phone interviews versus face-to-face interviews?
- How do you politely interrupt a guest?
- How does an interviewer improve their listening skills?
Richard Stubbs is one of Australia’s leading stand up comedians, radio and TV personalities. I’d go as far as to say his Aussie show biz royalty. He hosted a fantastic afternoon program on ABC radio for 9 years, the Tonight Live show on Channel 7 for three years, and even presented in front of Prince Charles and Princess Diana in his early days as a stand-up. His no-nonsense, highly conversational interview style, makes him the perfect person to share how to conduct a world class interview for your content marketing.
Here’s what caught my attention in regards to how to conduct a world class interview for your content marketing from my chat with Richard Stubbs:
- “Whatever you’re doing on-air, should be the best thing you’ve got to be on air, right now.”
- Listen more.
- Use the reset to shift gears … to move from the current topic to the next.
- Life’s too short for bad content. “When it comes to content marketing, noise is not the problem. Sameness is.”
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode you’ll also discover:
- I’ll show you how to exponentially increase your customer base
- And we go back into the vault, revisiting a chat I had with crowdfunding expert and OrbitKey inventor Rex Quo
Please support these businesses who make this show possible:
Prospa is Australia’s #1 online lender to small businesses. You can quickly apply online for loans up to $250,000, get a fast decision and in most cases receive the funding in under 24 hours. Call 1300 882 867.
And you gotta love it when your business expenses reward you! When you apply for an American Express Business Explorer Credit Card by November 30, and spend $3,000 in the first three months from the Card approval date, you’ll receive a bonus one hundred thousand Membership Rewards Points.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, please leave your comment below.
This post was provided by marketing speaker Tim Reid who is the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, Australia’s #1 marketing podcast, also heard on Virgin Airlines. Subscribe FREE on iTunes or Android.